Tuesday, July 18, 2023

Wardrobe Analysis: Brand Prevalence

 Last week I saw that some Lolitas were making charts showing how much of their wardrobe was made up of certain branded pieces. I'm always interested in examining my choices and identifying trends so I made a few charts of my own wardrobe brand make-up. I've recently started a purge and was removing a lot of items from my wardrobe with the intent to sell them on lacemarket so I didn't include any items I am currently listing for sale.

I made a few assumptions before starting about the brand make-up of my wardrobe. I knew that I basically only own "big B" brand main pieces but that my secondary items had a much more organic mix of indie, "B"rand, and even handmade items. I didn't have the forethought to write them down before I got started though. The main labels featuring in my wardrobe are Baby, the Stars Shine Bright, Metamorphose / Crown Label, and Angelic Pretty, and I was expecting that outcome. If I had not recently gone through my wardrobe and carefully considered what items I wanted to keep or sell I may not have expected this outcome as clearly.

 I am interested in doing this every year with my wardrobe post so I can chart any changes, or note any consistencies, through the years. 





While I cannot find the posts of the other Lolitas I saw doing this I'm pretty sure RaineDragon was one of them. I assume that if you are reading Lolita blogs then you know about hers. but here is the link anyways: https://www.rainedragon.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment